The Yamaha ParkinGo team has taken every pole position so far this season. Luca Scassa took the pole position at the first three rounds of the World Supersport series, but today in Monza it was his teammate Chaz Davies who earned the first spot on the grid.
Davies set a 1’47.809 lap time around the Monza circuit to earn the pole position. Davies, who won his first race of 2011 at the previous World Supersport round in Assen, will start from the front row ahead of Sam Lowes, Broc Parkes, and Fabien Foret.
Scassa, who has won every pole position prior to today’s qualifying, earned a sixth place position behind Roberto Tamburini. Florian Marino and James Ellison will join the two Italians on the second row.
The Yamaha ParkinGo team has won every race of the 2011 World Supersport season so far. Scassa currently leads the series with 50 points. Scassa won the first two races, but a DNF in Assen allowed the rest of the World Supersport class to play catch up.
Broc Parkes is currently in second with 47 points, followed by Davies with 45.
World Supersport Qualifying Results – Monza
- Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) 1’47.809
- Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) 1’48.051
- Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) 1’48.189
- Fabien Foret (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) 1’48.347
- Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service R.T.) 1’48.368
- Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) 1’48.468
- Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) 1’48.559
- James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) 1’49.080
- Gino Rea (Step Racing Team) 1’49.153
- Massimo Roccoli (Lorenzini by Leoni) 1’49.293
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com