The New Arai XD4 Solid Helmets are finally here. The Arai XD4 Helmet is the new model that is replacing the XD3 helmet. The Arai XD series is a favorite amoung Dual Sport and Adventure riders because of the very low weight, extensive safety features and comfort. Now Arai is pushing the envelope by improving the widely popular Arai XD3 with the Arai XD4 Helmet.
Features of the New Arai XD4 Solid Helmets:
- The XD4 uses an completely shell shape for better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds
- Improved fit with New comfort headliner, with micro fitting 5mm peel away temple pads
- The XD-4 has a removable/replaceable/washable Interior. Including the head liner, cheek pads and chin strap covers
- The Arai XD4 uses Dry-Cool technology to keep the rider dry and cooler
- New FCS (facial contour support) cheek pad design with 5mm peel away micro fit feature
- New exhaust ports were added to the top diffuser vents
- New chin vent with more intake ports
- Plus, larger sculpted side cowl vents improve ventilation
Check out our Arai XD-4 Helmet video review below!
Be sure to check out all the Arai XD-4 Models:
We just received a new batch of Sliders 4.0 Kevlar riding jeans – they are in stock and ready to ship! Sliders 4.0 Kevlar Jeans provide the comfort and look of your favorite pair of jeans, but with the added protection of genuine DuPont Kevlar. Sliders Motorcycle Jeans use a generous amount of Kevlar, with coverage in the knees, shins, seat, and sides of your legs and hips. Sliders also gives you the option of using CE rated knee armor, with 3 position pockets so you can get the knee armor to sit in just the right spot. With a relaxed fit, Sliders Jeans are very comfortable both on and off the bike, and are constructed of a durable 13.5oz denim. Sliders Riding Jeans are sold by waist and inseam sizes, just like normal jeans. Check them out at Competition Accessories today!
Check out the Slider 4.0 Kevlar Riding Jean Review below!
Be sure to check out the our Slider 3.0 Kevlar Khaki and Cargo Riding Pants Review as well!
Finally, you can have something in common with the three-time AMA Superbike and World Superbike Champion Ben Spies!
The HJC RPS-10 Helmet was released late in 2010 and is one of the best Full Face Motorcycle helmets we have tried. The interior is soft and wicks moisture well and the RPS-10 helmet is extremely light. One of the biggest surprises for us was how quiet the helmet was. Usually sportbike helmets have plenty of vents which add noise. The more vents and air flow, the more noise. As a result motorcycle racing helmets like the HJC RPS-10 Helmets are typically louder than a similar sport/touring helmet, but not in this case. The HJC RPS-10 remained quiet at highway speeds and above.
The HJC RPS-10 Helmet has a claimed sub-1500-gram, composite-shell design. Now available with a limited-edition HJC RPS-10 Ben Spies Monster Replica graphic is said to be lighter and more aerodynamic than any other full-face HJC. Dial-adjustable top vents, centralized-lock RapidFire II shield mechanism, ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System and SilverCool Plus interior are among the high-tech features. Each helmet also comes with a Pinlock-prepared 2D flat racing faceshield. This is the same as the HJC R-Pha 10 Helmet in Europe.
Check out our HJC RPS-10 Helmet Video Review!
- Advanced P.I.M. Fiberglass: Lightest Snell 2010 helmet on the market! Precision Weaved Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber and Aramid Fibers gives the RPS-10 exceptional lightweight and high impact properties
- Max Air-flow Top Vent: Variable air flow is adjusted by glove-friendly dials on each intake vent
- Advanced channeling ventilation system
- Full Front to Back Airflow Flushes Heat & Humidity Up & Out
- RapidFire II Shield Replacement System: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal & installation (HJ-20)
- Optically-superior PinlockÂ®-prepared 2D Flat-Racing Shield with INCLUDED Clear Pinlock® insert
- 2-Stage shield closure system with one-touch center locking system makes for an extremely BALANCED and secure seal
- Multiple optional shields available; RST Mirrored, High Definition, Smoke, Dark Smoke
- SilverCool Plus, Removable and washable interior
- Premium soft interior with Ginkgo Extract, moisture-wicking & odor-free with advanced silver anti-bacterial fabric
- Meets or Exceeds SNELL 2010 & D.O.T. Standards
Other available HJC RPS-10 Helmet colors and Graphics:
Check out the HJC RPS-10 Ben Spies Replica Helmet Video Review here!
The HJC RPS-10 helmet, now available at Competition Accessories!
The Gaerne G-RW GP boots feature the Gaerne Floating System ankle brace. This external ankle support allows natural front to back movement for comfort, but provides lateral support for the ankle in case of a fall. Gaerne G-RW GP boots are built for the track, but they are also an excellent street boot, with a simple zipper and Velcro closure for easy on and off. Lorica is used in the construction of the Gaerne G-RW GP boots, which is lighter, more breathable, and more abrasion resistant than traditional leather. Lorica also requires less break in than leather, the GRW Boots will be comfortable right out of the box. The interior of the Gaerne G-RW Boots is lined with a breathable antibacterial lining for all day comfort, even on those hot summer rides. For protection, the Gaerne G-RW boots have a wraparound heel cup and reinforced shin plate. There is also a replaceable toe slider and an integrated shift pad, so these boots will stay fresh after years of riding. To get a closer look check out our Gaerne G-RW GP boots video review!
Here are detailed images of the Gaerne G-RW GP Boot!
Recently HJC Helmets decided to discontinue the HJC IS-Max and replace it with the new HJC IS-Max BT. The IS-Max BT is essentially the same helmet as is predecessor, but HJC added the ability to seamlessly attach the Chatterbox Xbi2-H bluetooth headset. While the Xbi2-H is sold separately, HJC has made the task of installing it really easy, by integrating a mounting point to snap the XBI2-H right in.
Then, because the HJC IS-Max BT bluetooth helmet is specifically designed for communication, you just run the wires and mount the speakers in the speaker recess pockets and you are done. Now you have a very reasonably priced bluetooth motorcycle helmet for trips, commuting or just casual riding. ( click the Xbi2-H to see more features )
So, enough about the Xbi2-H Bluetooth system, now lets get to the helmet. A quick check around shows that IS-Max BT helmet typically gets rated about 4.5 out of 5 stars and most owners feel it is a great value for the money. We noted there is some mention of noise, but most reviewers said it was not enough for them to consider returning the helmet. Reviewers really seem to like the wide range of sizing, venting, comfortable interior and the internal sun visor. Check out our video review for an in depth hands on look..
Overall, we really like the set-up and feel if you want a Modular Helmet, then you should really consider an HJC IS-Max BT Helmet.
Our IS-Max BT Key features to remember:
- Bluetooth Ready!
- Lightweight Advanced Polycarbonate Shell
- UV blocking face shield
- Internal Sun visor
- Very comfortable moisture wicking interior
- Bargain pricing
- Wide Sizing Range: XS to 3X
The IS-Max BT Available Colors:
If you are looking for Alternate helmet, here are some of the best Modular Helmets around:
HJC Symax 3
Nolan N104 ( spring 2012 )
New Shoei Neotec ( possibly spring 2012 )
Watch our HJC IS-Max BT Helmet Video Review below!