Free software upgrade includes more voice controlled features for keeping your hands on the grips of your handlebar and other great new benefits
Pittsburgh, PA October 17, 2012
Since its introduction, the scala rider G9 has been widely recognized as the most ‘social’ and feature-rich communication and entertainment system for motorcyclists. Software version 1.3 offers new voice commands, audio announcements, new VOX setting and cross-language voice recognition.
The Call Intercom Setting on your G9 allows users to easily and seamlessly open an intercom conversation with fellow rider right away without the need to first give a voice command in advance. Simply set your unit to Call Intercom Setting and start speaking to your friends.
Customize Your VOX Setting
- Alternative Call Intercom Setting: in addition to the default Voice Command Setting whereby users first speak a general voice command, followed by specific function commands, the new alternative mode has been added to allow users to activate the intercom to fellow riders just by speaking (like the scala rider models G4 and Q2 PRO and TeamSet® PRO)
- Voice Command Setting: Original VOX setting for voice control instruction to control opening functions: via a first voice command to initiate a beep that indicates to users that the device is ready for a voice command, and a second command to either speak on the intercom or control any available function, remains the default option.
Original Voice Commands
- Radio On/Off
- Music On/Off on your cell phone or Bluetooth® MP3 player
Additional Cool New Voice Commands
- Control Music by Voice: Next Track, Previous Track
- Control Radio: Next Station, Previous Station
BMW Pairing Mode
- New pairing mode with the BMW Bluetooth® audio system (tested on BMW K 1600) allowing a G9 user simultaneous pairing to mobile phone and to the BMW audio system
- Retains functionality of the BMW audio system, but enhances through working together
Improved Compatibility with Garmin Zumo 660
- Improved compatibility with the Garmin® Zumo 660 for voice directions and streaming music
Convenient New Auditory Announcements
- Low battery announcement
- Saved radio station announcement
- Radio station frequency announcement
- New group signal from rider A or B
- Power On/Off announcement
Assorted Bug Fixes
Multi-language Voice Instruction
We want to thank our loyal customers for their suggestions. You spoke and we listened!
As the most advanced motorcycle wireless Bluetooth® system on the market, the Cardo scala rider G9 also offers:
- One+8 Toggling Mode to enable riders to call up fellow G9 riders by voice and toggle back and forth among up to eight other users riding together.
- Call your A and B intercom partners with ‘Call Intercom’ command
- Natural conversation up to 1 mile apart
- Streaming music in stereo (A2DP) from your mobile phone to high grade speakers
- Quick and easy attachment to your helmet
- Click-to-Link® Feature that empowers users to make spontaneous connections to another scala rider G9 or G4 user in the vicinity
- Flash Pairing® that allows users to pair just by bumping two scala rider G9 units together
- Receiving incoming calls handsfree with your voice from your Bluetooth cell phone.
- Voice dial via a press of a button and speaking the person’s name (via your Bluetooth phone)
- Status announcements
- Hands-free voice controls of many functions (e.g., “music on” or call “Bill Smith”
- Intelligent priority system that suspends music when you accept phone calls or speak on the intercom to your buddies
- Dustproof and Waterproof (Certified IP67)
- Free access to the Cardo Community™
- Up to 12 hours talk time
About Cardo Systems
Cardo Systems, Inc., located in Pittsburgh, PA has specialized in Bluetooth® design, development, manufacturing and sale of state-of-the-art Bluetooth® communication and entertainment systems since 2003 and is worldwide leader in Bluetooth® motorcycle helmet headsets. Cardo has pioneered the overwhelming majority of the most useful and enjoyable innovations in motorcycle, snowmobile and bicycle headsets. The company’s scala rider line of headsets, now available in over 60 countries is the leading system in the motorcycle industry in the United States and worldwide.
Please purchase only authentic Cardo scala rider® products and avoid imitators.