The New Shoei Neotec Helmet has just been released in Europe. As with all modular helmets the Neotec will be a DOT certified helmet and come with some great upgrades over the multitec it is replacing. Considering the the upgrades we expect the Shoei Neotec to come in slightly above the multitec in pricing.
We get a unique look inside the Shoei Neotec at Indy Dealer Expo 2012. To our knowledge there are only one of these cutaway models in existence, so we took advantage to give you a peek inside while we were at the dealer show.
- New Internal Sun visor with no sacrifice in safety
- 270% improved ventilation compared to the Multitec
- 100% stainless steel Micro Ratched System ( replaces d-ring )
- AIM 5-ply shock absorbent fiber shell
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- New Fully Removable interior ( multitec was not )
- New optimized vent design for the Neotec Helmet
- Smart Flip Chin bar, that shuts flush and is easy opening
- 3 different size shells
- 3 D comfort liner provides a better fit vs. the multitec
- Ear pads to reduce the internal noise
- Includes a breath guard and a chin curtain
- Integrated spoiler
- Integrated “Vortex Generator” provides active noise cancelling.
Here’s a Customer Review From: User qorray
“I just got my Shoei Neotec 2/24. For comparison the only other modular helmet I’ve owned is the Nolan N102 for the last 3 years. Great first ride today, probably 50 miles city/highway. The Neotec is a lot lighter than the N102. Wind noise is also greatly reduced, this helmet is quiet. Medium fit my head like a glove. The US version will come with the D-ring, which is what I got. I’m indifferent as to the buckle or D-ring. I did get used to the micro lock on the N102. One word for ventilation on the Neotec… Awesome, no comparison to the N102. Finish for both helmets is excellent. Price is expensive but you get what you pay for. I would have tried the Nolan N104 before the Neotec except Nolan put the internal visor switch on the bottom of the helmet were I would put my scala rider G4, mic wont reach. Neotec was about 200 more. Well worth the money in my opinion. 5 stars in my opinion for my first Shoei, would buy again.”