After an incredible 2011 season, the AMA Pro Racers are getting the schedule they deserve. The AMA has been working with M1 PowerSports to complete the 2012 schedule and today they announced the complete 11 round calendar.
“M1 PowerSports is extremely excited to return to full time event promotion in 2012,” said Cameron Gray, President of M1 PowerSports. “The Big Kahuna Nationals have a long and rich history in AMA Pro Racing and we are excited about our new relationship with the series. Promoting motorcycle road racing events is our passion and what we do best. We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship putting on some of the most thrilling racing events in the country.”
With M1 PowerSports, the AMA will travel to Road Atlanta in Georgia, the Homestead-Miami Speedway in Florida, and Nola Motorsports Park in New Orleans.
“For much of the past three months, I have been and traveled with I-San, Danny Walker and Cameron back and forth across this country, and enjoyed every minute of it,” said David Atlas, Chief Operating Officer of AMA Pro Racing. “I’ve gotten to know them well, and they and their staff at M1 PowerSports have proven that they know how to deliver entertainment value that goes perfectly hand-in-hand with the outstanding racing found at our events. The new events, which they will bring to our series in 2012, promise to be some of the most exciting stops on our schedule. I am so proud of their joining forces with us.”
The AMA racers will get the opportunity to check out each of the new tracks before the respective race weekends. The AMA will schedule official tests at each venue so racers can get a feel for the track before race day.
Here’s the Complete 2012 AMA Pro Road Racing Schedule:
- March 15 – 17, 2012 - Daytona 200 - Daytona International Speedway - Daytona Beach, Fla.
- April 20 – 22, 2012 - Road Atlanta - Braselton, Ga.
- May 4 – 6, 2012 - Infineon Raceway - Sonoma, Calif.
- May 26 – 28, 2012 - Miller Motorsports Park - Tooele, Utah
- June 1 – 3, 2012 - Road America - Elkhart Lake, Wis.
- June 22 – 24, 2012 - Barber Motorsports Park - Birmingham, Ala.
- July 13 – 15, 2012 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Lexington, Ohio
- July 27 – 29, 2012 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Monterey, Calif.
- September 7 – 9, 2012 - New Jersey Motorsports Park - Millville, N.J.
- September 21 – 23, 2012 - Homestead-Miami Speedway - Homestead, Fla.
- October 5 – 7, 2012 - NOLA Motorsports Park = New Orleans, La.