The Repsol Honda duo of Stoner and Dani Pedrosa were on top throughout the final testing session, but it was Stoner’s turn to take top honors today. Stoner set a 1’55.681 lap time around the Qatar track, barely edging out his teammate by .06 seconds.
The two Honda riders were more than a half second faster than the third place rider, Ben Spies. Following the Yamaha rider were two more Honda machines ridden by Marco Simoncelli and the final Repsol Honda rider, Andrea Dovizioso.
Randy de Puniet was the fastest Ducati on the track and the final rider to finish within a second of Stoner.
2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo spent the day working on his electronics and his acceleration in the lower gears, and finished 7th for the day, more than a second behind the Repsol Honda duo.
Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, and Hector Barbera finished out the top 10.
Valentino Rossi had a promising start to the Qatar test yesterday, but today his times slowed.
The 2011 MotoGP season starts next weekend in Qatar, and it looks like a Honda rider is going to claim the first win of the season.
MotoGP – 2nd Testing Session – Qatar
- Casey Stoner – Repsol Honda Team – 1:55.681
- Dani Pedrosa – Repsol Honda Team
- Ben Spies – Yamaha Factory Racing
- Marco Simoncelli – San Carlo Honda Gresini
- Andrea Dovizioso – Repsol Honda Team
- Randy De Puniet – Pramac Racing Team
- Jorge Lorenzo – Yamaha Factory Racing
- Colin Edwards – Monster Yamaha Tech 3
- Nicky Hayden – Ducati Marlboro Team
- Hiroshi Aoyama – San Carlo Honda Gresini
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com