Written by Dan Evon, Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com
Michael Rutter started off the weekend at Brands Hatch for the British Superbike in top form. Rutter was able to steal the lead from Ryuichi Kiyonari by just .0002 seconds.
At the beginning of the session, it was James Ellison who led the way. It wasn’t until the 30 minute mark that Rutter took over the top spot. King Kiyo claimed the top spot briefly, but Rutter was right behind, and bested his time by the smallest of margins.
Tom Sykes finished third, followed by Alastair Seeley and Josh Brookes.
James Ellison dropped down to 7th place by the end of the session behind Yukio Kagayama and Michael Laverty. Andrew Pit and Dan Linfoot round out the top ten, keeping all ten riders within one second of one another.
British Superbike – Brands Hatch – Free Practice 1
- Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 1m:27.103s
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.002s
- Tom Sykes (Kawasaki World Superbike) +0.395s
- Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.418s
- Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.428s
- Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.468s
- Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.580s
- James Ellison (Swan Honda) +0.714s
- Andrew Pitt (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.979s
- Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.993s